Silver-studded Blue

Silver-studded Blue
Silver-studded Blue, Iping Common

Saturday 3 March 2012

Yellow-browed Warbler still pleasing the crowds

The Yellow-browed Warbler is still pleasing the crowds after over a week. This morning I was very lucky enough to get extremely close views for a reasonable amount of time, in the small blossom tree to the right of the entrance of my work. Furthermore, I managed to beat the bad weather by about 20 minutes! If you are coming to see the bird, it appears to like a regular early morning feed in the small conifer adjacent to the Swan Pub; I have seen it there everyday this week between 8-9am.

On Thursday I decided to purchase a longer lens to try and get some better shots of this fantastic little bird; however, with a limit budget I could only afford a second-hand Sigma 70-300mm DG lens.

Here are some of the best images from this am (all taken with a Nikon D300s). Unfortunately the light wasn't the best, so I had to crank up the ISO (up to 2500 on occasion!), lending a little bit of grain to to my shots. Overall though pretty pleased with these efforts (please click on an image to enlarge)!

Also on: http://www.flickr.com/photos/48896022@N08/













No comments:

Post a Comment