Silver-studded Blue

Silver-studded Blue
Silver-studded Blue, Iping Common

Monday 16 July 2012

Skip Skip Hooray

After a fairly forelone summer of butterflying, the last couple of weekends have proved fairly more fruitful. Hot on the tails of the Heath Fritillary last Saturday at East Blean Woods, I saw my first Lulworth Skippers at Durlston Country Park, Dorset. This brings my UK Butterfly List to 47 and I have now seen all the UK Skippers bar the Essex Skipper. Whilst often overlooked I find Skippers strangely beguiling Butterflies. A few shots below.

Lulworth Skipper - Thymelicus acteon

Lulworth Skipper - Thymelicus acteon, the distinguishing yellow crescent on the wings is quite clear in this shot

Small Skipper - Thymelicus sylvestris

Small Skipper - Thymelicus sylvestris

Small Skipper - Thymelicus sylvestris

No comments:

Post a Comment